Are you starting to think about Christmas?
I know my thoughts are already full of ideas for decorating the house this Christmas; so when I found packets of 12 mini silver bells, for $2 at Kmart - well I couldn't help but buy a few.
Now although cute - I wasn't really wanting that lovely, shiny, "new plastic" look that seems to be so readily available!
So in a few "easy as" steps I have transformed these cute little bells, to resemble old tarnished antique silver - Yay!
If you would like to see how I "antiqued" these little bells, see the steps below;
You will need:
Plastic Silver Decorations
Gold Acrylic Paint
(I used Jo Sonja's 'Rich Gold')
Dark Purple Acrylic Paint
(I used Jo Sonja's Dioxazine Purple)
1) Squeeze a little, gold and purple paint, onto your paper plate
2) Add a little purple paint to the tip of your brush and remove excess paint
(to do this - I make swirls with the brush, on a clean section of the paper plate until my brush is almost dry)
3) Dab the brush onto the decoration in random spots
4) Repeat on all decorations
5) Add a little gold paint to the tip of your brush and remove excess paint
6) Dab the brush onto the decoration making sure to cover most of the purple paint
7) Repeat on all decorations
8) Allow to dry
9) Hang your "antiqued" silver decorations